Go Your Own Way

Fleetwood Mac is my favourite band of all time, I absolutely love them. Their lyrics are beautiful and I think what works for the band is that there was so much heartache in the band. There were 2 couples in the band, both split up. The most significant couple were Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham who wrote most of the songs. Their most famous songs were directed at each other (dreams, go your own way, don't stop etc) and you could feel the resentment. Now in their 60's you can still feel the bitterness and It's amazing when they sing a duet on stage, they come together to sing and it's just beautiful. Their life is almost played out in their records. One of the best documentaries I've watched on them replayed on the BBC again last week which you can watch here. It's a really interesting documentary even if your not that interested in the band. Perfect Sunday afternoon watch! 









I don't think I could ever pick one favourite Fleetwood Mac song but I think the one that makes me most sad is the song Sara which was written by Nicks who's boyfriend ran away with her best friend Sara.

"Wait a minute baby, stay with me a while
Said you'd give me light but you never told me about the fire

Drowning in the sea of love where everyone would love to drown
But now it's gone, it doesn't matter what for
When you build your house then call me, home"

No comments: