Fashion Hearts Music

I was briefly reminded today that i actually have a summer project to do! I've been a bit naughty and haven't started anything! I've got so much to do and one of the projects is to create a research book and a photo-shoot showing the influence Fashion and Music have on each other. Music and Fashion are my two favourite subjects so I was chuffed with this brief! I've got quite an old taste in music so this would be the perfect chance to show how different genre's of music affect fashion and not just the typical style. I could easily do a project on how Lady Gaga and Madonna have influenced fashion but I thought I'd go for something a little less obvious. Here are a few images I thought I could use for my project!







Stevie Nicks is one of my fave icons, She's part of Fleetwood Mac which is one of my top 5 all time favourite bands! Her gypsy style is always emulated with long billowing sleeves and often in darker tones. She has such an unique stage style and she did bohemian style waaay before Sienna!





A little love for Freddie Mercury, His famous yellow military jacket was THE jacket style of last year after Balmain dominated the catwalks last year with their version. He might not have been the first to wear the style but it definitely had an imapact on
fashion.



David Bowie IS fashion! Before there was GaGa, there was Bowie!





Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were the king and queen of grunge. Kurt made plaid popular with his lumberjack shirts and they're as popular today as they were back in the 90's. He made ripped jeans look cool and just looking damn right dirty acceptable! what a beautiful man. I know i did a post on Courtney the other day but she was the first women to rebel wearing her signature pink baby doll dresses ripped tights and smeared red lipstick!

There's so many people i could discuss like Rolling Stones, Blondie, Joan Jett and so on! So many! Definitely given me some inspiration to start this project! Any more ideas?

No comments: